- Why some of the most well-respected businesses around spend thousands of dollars per month to have people like Brian adjust the words on their websites
- The most underutilized way for copywriters to show proof of their claims and build trust with their audience
- The ultimate test of whether your sales pitch or copy was scammy or sleazy
Check out the episode at the links below. If you enjoyed the episode, the best way to support the show is to share with your friends, so send them a link.
- Google Play
- Or stream here:
- If you’re enjoying the show, why not a leave a review? It makes a difference in terms of other people finding the show.
Check out more from Brian and Accelerated Conversions here:
- Website: www.acceleratedconversions.com
- [01:22] Why Brian chooses to only work with a select group of clients – and why turning your craft into a “business” can pull you away from doing the work that you love
- [15:03] Why would someone pay thousands of dollars per month to put words on a website?
- [19:47] How Brian gets people’s attention – without compromising his ethics or resorting to clickbait
- [24:02] How does Brian figure out what people actually want and will pay for – as opposed to just what they say they want
- [30:23] Dissecting one of the most famous examples in copywriting (Schlitz Beer) – and understanding how to prove claims in your copy so your clients find them believable
- [48:03] The value of constant feedback from clients – and how Brian uses feedback to better understand his market
- [55:46] The ultimate test to find out if your sales pitch is ethical
- [57:10] The rebranding and relaunch of The Ready State – and how Brian applied the principles from this conversation to this real life example
- [01:09:30] The power of a guarantee to further build trust and credibility
- [01:14:10] How to connect with Brian
Links and Resources Mentioned
- “What is difference between maxima (or minima) and global maxima (or minima)?” from Mathematics Stack Exchange
- Jay Abraham
- “Jay Abraham, Claude Hopkins, Schlitz Beer And Preeminence” from Copywriting Secrets
- “How to Write a Good Advertisement” by Victor O. Schwab
- “Made to Stick” by Chip and Dan Heath
- “Entrepreneurs, Credibility and The Sinatra Test” by JP Solano
- “Three Ways To Grow A Business” from Jay Abraham
- The Ready State
- Kelly Starrett
- Juliet Starrett
- Free Trial – The Ready State | Example of Headline Copywriting
You May Also Like These Posts
I send out a weekly newsletter that includes any articles and podcasts that I've written and recorded, as well as other stuff (articles, podcasts, songs, etc.) that I've enjoyed. Sign up here to be added to the list.