Lindsey Love Jenks used to coach over 100 individuals on their nutrition. But, she realized there was a much larger market for something in between the individualized nutrition coaching she was offering and impersonal, unadaptable templates.
Lindsey spent a summer training at South Loop Strength & Conditioning in 2016 and – since then – has built and grown Macrostax in an impressive fashion.
Macrostax offers customized macronutrient prescriptions, as well as a meal generator feature. But, I was mostly interested in learning how Lindsey handles the psychological foibles of the individuals who are using the app – and how she’s built and grown her company.
Check out this conversation to hear:
- The common and damaging psychological traps that CrossFit athletes fall into with their nutrition
- How to lead and manage a technical team as a non-technical founder
- How to take user feedback and figure out what people really want – rather than what they say they want
- Google Play
- Or stream here:
- If you’re enjoying the show, why not a leave a review? It makes a difference in terms of other people finding the show.
Check out more from Lindsey and Macrostax
- Instagram: @lindseylovejenks | @macrostax
- Website: wwww.macrostax.com
- Pinterest: @macrostax
- YouTube: @macrostax
- [01:22] Moving from a high touch, one-on-one coaching environment to a more scalable coaching solution
- [06:24] Transitioning away from a more high touch coaching environment and maintaining consistency over time.
- [14:36] Seeing a hole in the market – and trying to fill it with Macrostax
- [18:54] Building an app and leading developers as a non-technical founder
- [27:32] Collecting direct feedback from clients – and understanding how to prioritize it.
- [32:33] Finding the appropriate trade-offs between specifics and flexibility in nutrition coaching.
- [35:48] Starting in the CrossFit space – then expanding outside of it. What are the differences in marketing and positioning?
- [47:58] What will the role of the coach be as machine learning improves?
- [55:04] What are the main priorities and next steps for Macrostax?