In addition to being a five times CrossFit Games competitor (2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015) with two top ten finishes, Elisabeth Akinwale is a mother and a former social worker.
Elisabeth is very self-aware and articulate about her experiences competing, coaching (in her new role as head coach at Brick Chicago) and balancing priorities in her life.
She has a lot of insight into the mental edge of competition (it's not just always about pushing harder) as well as the psychology behind motivation, accountability and game day performance.
- Google Play
- Or stream here:
Learn More About Elisabeth
- Website: www.elisabethakinwale.com
- Facebook: akinwaleelisabeth
- Instagram: @eakinwale
- [0:00] Introduction
- [1:02] New life as Head Coach at Brick Chicago
- [4:21] Working with Chad Vaughn
- [7:28] How do you deal with the mental chatter?
- [10:47] Do you purposely attempt to detach from performance with outcome?
- [14:24] Do you have a mindfulness practice?
- [21:31] Background as a social worker and application of those skills within the coaching setting.
- [31:24] What does your conditioning look like right now?
- [38:37] The glamor of being a professional athlete may not be what you think it is.
- [41:21] Where do people go to find out more information on Brick Chicago and your seminars?