In addition to being a five times CrossFit Games competitor (2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015) with two top ten finishes, Elisabeth Akinwale is a mother and a former social worker.
Elisabeth is very self-aware and articulate about her experiences competing, coaching (in her new role as head coach at Brick Chicago) and balancing priorities in her life.
She has a lot of insight into the mental edge of competition (it's not just always about pushing harder) as well as the psychology behind motivation, accountability and game day performance.
Learn More About Elisabeth
- [0:00] Introduction
- [1:02] New life as Head Coach at Brick Chicago
- [4:21] Working with Chad Vaughn
- [7:28] How do you deal with the mental chatter?
- [10:47] Do you purposely attempt to detach from performance with outcome?
- [14:24] Do you have a mindfulness practice?
- [21:31] Background as a social worker and application of those skills within the coaching setting.
- [31:24] What does your conditioning look like right now?
- [38:37] The glamor of being a professional athlete may not be what you think it is.
- [41:21] Where do people go to find out more information on Brick Chicago and your seminars?